Amanda-Users

Re: Can't get a Level 0 backup

2006-05-11 14:22:02
Subject: Re: Can't get a Level 0 backup
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Anne Wilson <cannewilson AT tiscali.co DOT uk>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 14:16:23 -0400
Anne Wilson wrote:
On Wednesday 10 May 2006 21:40, Matt Hyclak wrote:
On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 09:16:22PM +0100, Anne Wilson enlightened us:
And there is the likely culprit, exclude "file" vs. exclude "list".

I.e. you are excluding any file matching the single pattern
"amanda.exclude".

What you want is to exclude any file matching any pattern
in the "list of patterns" in amanda.exclude.
So I need to replace the line 'exclude file "amanda.exclude"' with

exclude list "amanda.exclude"?  OK - I'll try that.  If it works it
should get me where I wanted to be.
Exactly. I even do

exclude list optional ".amanda.exclude"

I made the change and waited hopefully, but it makes no difference:
Show us that you made the change, what is the output of :
  amadmin CONFIG disklist borg /home
Did the exclude have the value you want?

Where did you put that file? give the complete path? It is on borg?
What are its permission 'ls -l'
Remove the 'optional' keyword of your exclude list.
Try 'amcheck -c borg /home'
  planner: Incremental of borg:/home bumped to level 5.
planner: borg /home 20060511 0 [dump larger than available tape space, 25293759 KB, full dump delayed]

so if I don't need to exclude anything from a DLE, I don't have to create
the empty file.

I'd still like to understand, though, why it thought there was not enough
room.  I would have thought that there was plenty, even for a full
backup?
Even though there's space on the disk, how big are your vtapes set to be?
I'm guessing less than your directory size.

With the excludes there should be only 6-7GB. Without them there is around 25, as indicated above. The vtapes are 4100Mb each, and spanning was working earlier.

I'm about to give up with amanda.  I just can't get this sorted.

Anne