Amanda-Users

Re: Can't get a Level 0 backup

2006-05-12 07:47:13
Subject: Re: Can't get a Level 0 backup
From: Anne Wilson <cannewilson AT tiscali.co DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 12:40:10 +0100
On Thursday 11 May 2006 19:16, Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:

> Show us that you made the change, what is the output of :
>    amadmin CONFIG disklist borg /home

amadmin Daily  disklist borg /home
line 8:
    host borg:
        interface default
    disk /home:
        program "GNUTAR"
        exclude list "amanda.exclude"
        priority 1
        dumpcycle 7
        maxdumps 4
        maxpromoteday 10000
        bumpsize 10240
        bumpdays 1
        bumpmult 2.000000
        strategy STANDARD
        estimate CLIENT
        compress CLIENT BEST
        comprate 0.50 0.50
        encrypt NONE
        auth BSD
        kencrypt NO
        holdingdisk YES
        record YES
        index YES
        fallback_splitsize 10Mb
        skip-incr NO
        skip-full NO

line 21:
    host borg:
        interface default
    disk /home/anne/Photos:
        program "GNUTAR"
        priority 1
        dumpcycle 7
        maxdumps 4
        maxpromoteday 10000
        bumpsize 10240
        bumpdays 1
        bumpmult 2.000000
        strategy STANDARD
        estimate CLIENT
        compress NONE
        encrypt NONE
        auth BSD
        kencrypt NO
        holdingdisk YES
        record YES
        index YES
        fallback_splitsize 10Mb
        skip-incr NO
        skip-full NO

> Did the exclude have the value you want?

Hard to tell.  I still don't know where it will look for the exclude-list
file.  Should it be in the amanda Daily directory, or the path from where the
backup starts?  Also, I can't find the sendbackupXXXX.exclude files that I
found before, which is a bit worrying.

> Where did you put that file? give the complete path? It is on borg?

On borg - in two places, /home/amanda.exclude
and /usr/local/etc/amanda/Daily/amanda.exclude

> What are its permission 'ls -l'
-rw-r--r--  1 amanda disk 35 May 10 17:23 /home/amanda.exclude
-rw-r--r--  1 amanda disk 35 May 11
14:08 /usr/local/etc/amanda/Daily/amanda.exclude

> Remove the 'optional' keyword of your exclude list.

If you mean in amanda.conf, I don't have the 'optional' keyword.

> Try 'amcheck -c borg /home'

amcheck -c Daily /home

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.000 seconds, 0 problems found

Anne