Amanda-Users

Re: Can't get a Level 0 backup

2006-05-10 14:06:52
Subject: Re: Can't get a Level 0 backup
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 14:01:08 -0400
On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 06:49:30PM +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I've been trying for some time to troubleshoot this, without success.  Each
> day I'm seeing a report like this:

> I am trying to back up /home, using an exclusion file.  First question, then
> -
> should the exclusion file be in /home or /usr/local/etc/amanda/Daily?  I've
> tried both, but it seems to make no difference.
>
> Contents of amanda.exclude:
>
> ./anne/recordings
> ./anne/Photos

Show your amanda.conf, or dumptype exclude line(s).

> I am assuming that the exclude file is not being seen, but even so, I don't
> know why there is a space problem.

In the debug directory, perhaps /tmp/amanda or /var/log/amanda, all the
excludes that are going to be used are collected and put into files like
sendbackupXXXXX.exclude.  Find the one for your DLE and see what it
collected (or didn't) from your exclude file.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)