Amanda-Users

amrestore: error reading file header: Device or resource busy

2006-05-10 17:28:38
Subject: amrestore: error reading file header: Device or resource busy
From: Cameron Matheson <cameron.matheson AT fjcomm DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 15:17:16 -0600
Hi,

I'm having problems recovering files on one of my servers.  Everything
goes smoothly when I run amrecover until the time comes to extract.  I
load the tape it asks for, but it comes back w/ this error:

Extracting files using tape drive /dev/nst1 on host
godzilla.tonservices.com.
Load tape DailySet1039 now
Continue [?/Y/n/s/t]? y
EOF, check amidxtaped.<timestamp>.debug file on
godzilla.tonservices.com.
amrecover: short block 0 bytes
UNKNOWN file
amrecover: Can't read file header
extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1

So I go over to my tape server and check the debug files like it tells
me too (here is the relevant portion):

amrestore:   0: skipping start of tape: date 20060502 label DailySet1039
amrestore:   1: skipping
nigel.tonservices.com._usr_local_svn_repos.20060502.1
amrestore: error reading file header: Device or resource busy
amidxtaped: time 10.636: amrestore terminated normally with status: 2
amidxtaped: time 10.636: rewinding tape ...
amidxtaped: time 21.420: done

Device or resource busy?  I haven't seen it do this before.  I'm
assuming it means my tape-drive?  I'm not sure why it would be busy, but
does anyone know what I could to do fix this?

Thanks,
Cameron Matheson