Amanda-Users

Re: Can't get a Level 0 backup

2006-05-10 16:20:49
Subject: Re: Can't get a Level 0 backup
From: Anne Wilson <cannewilson AT tiscali.co DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 21:16:22 +0100
On Wednesday 10 May 2006 21:09, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 08:33:16PM +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:

> > > Show your amanda.conf, or dumptype exclude line(s).
> >
> > borg        /home {
> >     program "GNUTAR"
> >     compress CLIENT BEST
> >     index yes
> >     exclude file "amanda.exclude"
> >     } 1
> >
> > Is that what you wanted?
>
> And there is the likely culprit, exclude "file" vs. exclude "list".
>
> I.e. you are excluding any file matching the single pattern
> "amanda.exclude".
>
> What you want is to exclude any file matching any pattern
> in the "list of patterns" in amanda.exclude.

So I need to replace the line 'exclude file "amanda.exclude"' with

exclude list "amanda.exclude"?  OK - I'll try that.  If it works it should get
me where I wanted to be.

I'd still like to understand, though, why it thought there was not enough
room.  I would have thought that there was plenty, even for a full backup?

Anne