Amanda-Users

Re: Can't get a Level 0 backup

2006-05-11 10:03:08
Subject: Re: Can't get a Level 0 backup
From: Anne Wilson <cannewilson AT tiscali.co DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 14:58:07 +0100
On Thursday 11 May 2006 13:02, listrcv wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > The vtapes are set to 4GB, so that they will fit onto a DVD.  Earlier I

Actually, they were defined as 4000 Mb,  I've slightly increased it to 4100
Mb, just to give a little more headroom.

> Check out the runtapes option in amanda.conf and:

That was set to 10, which was the largest number I could imagine it needing.

> http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Splitting_dumps_across_tapes
> http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Manually_splitting_large_disks

I'm running 2.5, so the first one is the one I've checked against.

Troubleshooting is incredibly slow because it's not a problem discovered by
amcheck, so i have to wait 24 hours every time to see whether I've improved
the situation.  I'm getting worried, now, because in a few more days I will
be overwriting the only Level 0 for /home.  If I haven't cracked this in a
couple more days I'll have to burn that dump to DVD to avoid losing it.

Anne