Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Is it possible to Set a Job Level with a Schedule without Scheduling the Job?

2009-12-02 13:43:33
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Is it possible to Set a Job Level with a Schedule without Scheduling the Job?
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 19:40:36 +0100
Hello,
02.12.2009 15:17, Clark Hartness wrote:
> Hi Arno,

A rather inconvenient way to mark your text inside quoted text... I
believe you can get Outlook to create proper (i.e., what is considered
the normal style) qoutes somehow.

   The Script (Ruby) is a good deal more complicated and creates multiple
> files.  In short it decends ICManage and Synchronicity Workspaces listing
> files that are not protected by Revision control.  But it also marshals the
> files and writes other files to allow for management allowing users to be
> notified if they fail to check in files on a regular basis and clean up
> unneed files from work areas.

Well, in that case modifying this script to create a file list might
be more efort than reasonably invested.

> So, instead of
>>   Include {
>>     Options {
>>         compression=GZIP
>>         signature = MD5
>>     }
>>     # Backup Specific Files Not Under Revision Control
>>     File = "\\</var/lib/bacula/cyswaps.workspaces"
>>   }
>
> you could to
> File="\\|/path/to/your.script" if the script just prints the files to back
> up to stdout.

> Of course, you could do other things in the script as well, as long as they
> don't produce output, like actually creating some of the files to back up.
>
> You might end up with a situation where the backup level doesn't matter, for
> example if you create files in the script, they will always be new and thus
> picked up by jobs of any level.

> retention/recycling schedule as we are in the early stages of this
> development.  By using the crontab to call the bacula job I have the ability
> to test if the file list exists or if it is complete assuring the script did
> not fail.  I have incorporated a function to determine the dayofweek and
> currently the crontab will call a level=full on Saturday and default to
> incrementals other days.

Ok, that sounds like the most reasonable solution then.

> Clark
>
> Arno

> RunScript On the Client it would use whatever files were in the list at the
> time the Scheduler started the job not the files that were generated by the
> script.  So basically the file list from the previous run was being backed
> up and not the list from the current run of the script.

Right, that can be a bit inconvenient :-)

Arno

>> Clark

> --
> Arno Lehmann