Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Is it possible to Set a Job Level with a Schedule without Scheduling the Job?

2009-12-02 05:23:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Is it possible to Set a Job Level with a Schedule without Scheduling the Job?
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 11:19:07 +0100
Hello,

02.12.2009 01:02, Clark Hartness wrote:
> Arno said:
>
> "alternatively, you could run your script from a RunScript resource in the
> Job."

If that's all your script does, you can use its output as the file
list to back up directly: "If the vertical bar (|) in front of
my_partitions is preceded by a backslash as in \|, the program will be
executed on the Client's machine instead of on the Director's
machine." from
http://www.bacula.org/3.0.x-manuals/en/install/install/Configuring_Director.html#SECTION00670000000000000000

So, instead of

>   Include {
>     Options {
>         compression=GZIP
>         signature = MD5
>     }
>     # Backup Specific Files Not Under Revision Control
>     File = "\\</var/lib/bacula/cyswaps.workspaces"
>   }

you could to
File="\\|/path/to/your.script" if the script just prints the files to
back up to stdout.

Of course, you could do other things in the script as well, as long as
they don't produce output, like actually creating some of the files to
back up.

You might end up with a situation where the backup level doesn't
matter, for example if you create files in the script, they will
always be new and thus picked up by jobs of any level.

Arno

> Clark

Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann