BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] "Harmless button" when trying to start backups using links browser

2009-04-22 15:46:19
Subject: [BackupPC-users] "Harmless button" when trying to start backups using links browser
From: John Rouillard <rouilj-backuppc AT renesys DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 19:39:38 +0000
Hi all:

I just installed backuppc 3.2.0beta0 (but this happens with 3.1.0 as
well) and I browsed to a host summary page and attempted to start a
backup using the links text browser.

However links is showing "Harmless Button" as the text for all three:

  Start Incr Backup
  Start Full Backup
  Stop/Dequeue Backup

buttons. Looking at the source I see that the buttons are only valid
when javascript is enabled and don't seem to work as regular form
buttons. It looks like the value is set only if a button is clicked
and javascript is available to set the action value.  Kind of makes it
difficult to use when working from a text mode browser or other
non-javascript enabled device (like some handheld phones).

Does anybody have a fix to let it be used in a text mode browser or a
browser w/o javascript?

Would making the three buttons read something like:

  <INPUT TYPE="submit" NAME="button" VALUE="Start Incr Backup">
  <INPUT TYPE="submit" NAME="button" VALUE="Start Full Backup">
  <INPUT TYPE="submit" NAME="button" VALUE="Stop/Dequeue Backup">

with support in the cgi for detecting ?button="Start%20Incr%20Backup"
with no action or a blank action work?

For those who are wondering, I am remoted into the system and the vpn
isn't working at the moment so I can't use the browser on my laptop
nor can I send back X or anything to use a graphical browser.

Well guess it's time to drag out my BackupPC_serverMesg dictionary
to fire up the backup 8-).

Thanks for any ideas.

--
                                -- rouilj

John Rouillard       System Administrator
Renesys Corporation  603-244-9084 (cell)  603-643-9300 x 111