BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] "Harmless button" when trying to start backups using links browser

2009-04-23 01:08:21
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] "Harmless button" when trying to start backups using links browser
From: Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: John Rouillard <rouilj-backuppc AT renesys DOT com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 22:02:37 -0700
John,

> Would making the three buttons read something like:
>
>   <INPUT TYPE="submit" NAME="button" VALUE="Start Incr Backup">
>   <INPUT TYPE="submit" NAME="button" VALUE="Start Full Backup">
>   <INPUT TYPE="submit" NAME="button" VALUE="Stop/Dequeue Backup">
>
> with support in the cgi for detecting ?button="Start%20Incr%20Backup"
> with no action or a blank action work?

The reason I moved away from this to small snippets of JavaScript
is that the value string encoding and matching is quite tricky
with other languages, such as Chinese.

Html doesn't support (maybe it does now - I haven't checked) input
buttons with display text that can be set differently from the submit
value.  It's always been an annoying limitation.

Craig