Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda Client

2004-09-28 16:25:29
Subject: Re: Amanda Client
From: Jason Miller <jwm AT interlinc DOT net>
To: Matthias Andree <ma AT dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund DOT de>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:18:18 -0500
Ok I got it, I was making it way too hard again. Re-read the manual's triple
checked the configs, folders, permissions and rebooted the server and
everything is working now. Figured out there was two things incorrect in my
setup and they were. FreeBSD has to have operator:operator not amanda:disk
for permissions over the amanda client to allow it to properly read so I
redid the port with the default permissions and just set the server and it
worked right off the bat after doing the second part. Found a write up
showing me there are some directories and files that are not created using
the port as well that I had to make and set permissions on. So for those
that have a problem with it here is the link for FreeBSD 4.9 port install
write up and how to fix it.

Http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports-bugs/2003-November/018025.h
tml

Jason