Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda Client

2004-09-28 16:25:04
Subject: Re: Amanda Client
From: Jay Fenlason <fenlason AT redhat DOT com>
To: Jason Miller <jwm AT interlinc DOT net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 16:18:20 -0400
On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 02:29:16PM -0500, Jason Miller wrote:
> Also I do see with a netstat -an the following line
> udp4       0      0  *.10080                *.*
>
> After installing the xinetd I got that far, client still times out. I am
> running the amcheck -c DailySet1 from the server to test this BTW. No
> firewall is on this box or on the server and its on the same network through
> a switch so nothing should be blocking the traffic. It just appears the
> amandad client is not running on the client server, if I do ps -aux I do not
> see the amandad in the list.

Amandad won't be running until xinetd starts it.  Xinetd won't start
it until it sees incoming packets for it.  That's xinetd's job :-)

It might be time to run ethereal on both the client machine and tha
Amanda server.  Make sure the server is really sending the Amanda
requests to the correct IP address.  Then make sure the client machine
is receiving the requests.  There may be an egress filter on the
Amanda server that's blocking the outgoing packets, or the server may
have the wrong IP address for the client.

                        -- JF