Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda Client

2004-09-28 05:01:05
Subject: Re: Amanda Client
From: Matthias Andree <ma AT dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund DOT de>
To: Jason Miller <jwm AT interlinc DOT net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:58:37 +0200
Jason Miller <jwm AT interlinc DOT net> writes:

> Got a very stupid question, I am trying to setup amanda client on a FreeBSD
> 4.9 server and I am getting the following error. dgram_recv: recvfrom()
> failed: Socket operation on non-socket
>
> Has anyone had experience with this? I am using ucspi-tcp instead of inetd
> or xinetd.

ucspi-tcp does not provide datagram sockets, but stream sockets.

If you want something similar to ucspi-tcp to launch amandad, check the
ipsvd package which has a "udpsvd" program. http://smarden.org/ipsvd/ -
BTW, it has the additional advantage of being open source, in contrast
to DJB's expiring proprietary free-use license, and is, again in
contrast to ucspi-tcp, actively maintained.

--
Matthias Andree

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)