Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda Client

2004-09-28 15:30:32
Subject: Re: Amanda Client
From: Matthias Andree <ma AT dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund DOT de>
To: Jason Miller <jwm AT interlinc DOT net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:27:08 +0200
Jason Miller <jwm AT interlinc DOT net> writes:

> The below is exactly what is in my xinetd.conf and I have added amanda to it
> to my hosts.allow and to insure everything is good to go I went as far as
> rebooting the machine.

Running amcheck with -c on the server might be another, more lightweight
way to check if the client is fine.

BTW, I just remembered that amanda also needs its own access control
file configured, so you'd also do (this is sh syntax not csh if in doubt):

echo "bigstore.example.org amanda" >~operator/.amandahosts

replace bigstore.example.org by the server's hostname. Depending on the
DNS setup, you may need to do this as well:

echo "bigstore amanda" >>~operator/.amandahosts

--
Matthias Andree

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)