Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda Client

2004-09-28 13:56:06
Subject: Re: Amanda Client
From: Jason Miller <jwm AT interlinc DOT net>
To: "amanda-users AT amanda DOT org" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:47:28 -0500
Ok I just setup a new server to test the port for amanda-client and I am
getting the same problem as my production box. I also installed the port for
xinetd to see if I could get it to work using it. It is a no-go, has anyone
setup the amanda-client from port on a FreeBSD 4.9 box? If so could you
point me in the right direction where to start after following the online
docs on amanda's site? A very stupid question is do I have to install the
server to get just a client to work? It does not seem I would have to since
I am just wanting a client on this box to backup to my server but thought I
would just ask since everyone on this user board is more fluent with this
product then I am.

Seriously appreciate all the help

Jason