Amanda-Users

Re: tape problem

2003-10-27 22:57:35
Subject: Re: tape problem
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: "Yogish" <yogish.gk AT ahsinc DOT com>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 22:55:47 -0500
On Monday 27 October 2003 22:05, Yogish wrote:
>Hi
>
>I am facing two problems. first of all I need to force the label for
> the inserted tape and only then dump works. However There is seems
> to be a problem with the amdump. It cannot dump sda3 but  can dump
> sda6 successfully.Here is the error on the log file for amdump. I
> have deleted the weeks from runspercycle as told. I am not able to
> figure out the problem. I would appreciate if you would help me
> with this.
>
>START planner date 20031027
>INFO planner Forcing full dump of brokerserver:sda3 as directed.
>ERROR taper no-tape [reading label: Input/output error]
And you still have this error.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
As I said before, nothing else is going to work UNTIL this is fixed.

>FINISH planner date 20031027
>STATS driver startup time 106.953
>FAIL driver brokerserver sda3 0 [can't switch to incremental dump]
>SUCCESS dumper brokerserver sda6 20031027 1 [sec 684.154 kb 4602880
> kps 6727.8 orig-kb 6113730]
>FINISH driver date 20031027 time 791.162

Please clip and post the results you see on screen of these three
commands, executed against the tape in the drive when amdump was last
run.  As root:

mt -f /dev/nst0 rewind
dd if=/dev/st0 count=1
su amanda -c "amcheck /yourconfigname/"

where /yourconfigname/ is whatever you have named it.  It is the
directory name where you will find your amanda.conf.

Also, Please post your disklist entry for sda3, and your amanda.conf

>Regards
>Yogish

[snip old pleadings to please do as we say]

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: