Amanda-Users

smb backup timeout

2003-10-30 00:59:51
Subject: smb backup timeout
From: "Gregor Ibic" <gregor.ibic AT intelicom DOT si>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 06:58:02 +0100
I backup some smb shares. It worked nice for a while but then this strange
things start to happen.
I have several smb shares in disklist that i backup and it seems like the
smbclient stalls on non/defined
times. Sometimes one diskentry stall , on second time another diskentry
stall, so the backup do not finish if I
dont kill the smbclient.

Strange thing is that on the same night i run a second backup job to disk,
and this works ok. no problems.

I then optimized the first backup job with 2 maxdumps, so in this way the
other diskentries do not get blocked and
added a spindle to smbshares, so only one is done at once.
No difference. The smbclient stalls.

With disk backup job it works ok.

Any suggestions?

regards,