Amanda-Users

Re: tape problem

2003-10-27 22:22:39
Subject: Re: tape problem
From: "Yogish" <yogish.gk AT ahsinc DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:05:29 -0700
Hi

I am facing two problems. first of all I need to force the label for the
inserted tape and only then dump works. However There is seems to be a
problem with the amdump. It cannot dump sda3 but  can dump sda6
successfully.Here is the error on the log file for amdump. I have deleted
the weeks from runspercycle as told. I am not able to figure out the
problem. I would appreciate if you would help me with this.

START planner date 20031027
INFO planner Forcing full dump of brokerserver:sda3 as directed.
ERROR taper no-tape [reading label: Input/output error]
FINISH planner date 20031027
STATS driver startup time 106.953
FAIL driver brokerserver sda3 0 [can't switch to incremental dump]
SUCCESS dumper brokerserver sda6 20031027 1 [sec 684.154 kb 4602880 kps
6727.8 orig-kb 6113730]
FINISH driver date 20031027 time 791.162

Regards
Yogish