Amanda-Users

RE: dump failing for nfs mounts.

2003-10-28 02:37:27
Subject: RE: dump failing for nfs mounts.
From: "Dana Bourgeois" <em-lists AT netgods DOT us>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 23:34:39 -0800
Amanda uses either your local dump program (ufsdump for Solaris, for
example) or Gnu tar.  IF you don't specify or change the configuration,
you're going to get dump.  I don't know of any dump programs offhand that
will dump an NFS mount.

I believe you will have to switch to GNUTAR in your config file to make this
work.

Dana Bourgeois