Amanda-Users

Re: tape problem

2003-10-29 20:59:53
Subject: Re: tape problem
From: "Yogish" <yogish.gk AT ahsinc DOT com>
To: <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 18:56:59 -0700
Hi Gene

Thanks for all the help. Actually it did give some error for the second
command which I had pasted.

> >> dd if=/dev/st0 count=1
>
> No output on the screen? Odd.
>
> >Amanda Tape Server Host Check
> >-----------------------------
> >ERROR: running as user "root" instead of "amanda"
> >
> >1+0 records in
> >1+0 records out

This was the error.

So how do I configure amanda.conf and the disklist such that it does
incremental backup during monday through thursday and do full backup on
friday. Also we have 6 tapes, out which tape 5 and 6 are rotated on
alternate weeks. So How do I configure this.

I apprecaite your help greatly.

Regards
Yogish