Amanda-Users

Re: tape problem

2003-10-26 19:40:41
Subject: Re: tape problem
From: "Your Name" <yogish.gk AT ahsinc DOT com>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>, Yogish <yogish.gk AT ahsinc DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 16:34:21 -0800
Hi Paul
You were right in pointing out that I have used a different
amanda.conf file. However the changes in this file and that file are
minimal (like nst0 instead of st0).  You might be right when you
say "by using a rewinding device, I might have overwirtten the name ",
I am not sure how to answer this. I tried to rename the tape
by "amlabel normal normal05" which should be the tape it should be
expecting. When I do this it says the label is already present in the
drive. How can do a manual dump for time being immediately?. IS there
any way I can force amanda to do backup on the tape irrespective of
its label?.

I appreciate your help.
Regards
Yogish