Amanda-Users

Re: AMANDA and the Windows world

2003-02-12 17:31:40
Subject: Re: AMANDA and the Windows world
From: Richard Morse <remorse AT partners DOT org>
To: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:39:29 -0500

On Wednesday, February 12, 2003, at 02:59 PM, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:

Actually, getting amanda to use some other program (i.e. not GNUtar or
*dump) for backups is not exactly trivial.  The (long in coming)
DUMPER-API is supposed to fix that, but is still a ways off (probably, I'm
not really sure).

Suppose that I can get WinZip to write it's output to standard out. Also, supposing that I use the "include list" to pass it a set of directories to zip. Could I write a wrapper to replace runtar that would work? I suppose this might create a problem with estimates, and possibly incrementals as well. But Winzip _might_ support that -- I need to look...

I'll get back to y'all with what I find...

Ricky