Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda not scheduling dumps properly

2003-02-12 17:35:01
Subject: Re: Amanda not scheduling dumps properly
From: John Oliver <joliver AT john-oliver DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:12:24 -0800
On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 02:42:58PM -0500, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 at 11:09am, John Oliver wrote
> > OK, this led me to my answer... :-)  I had never really paid a whole lot
> > of attention to holdingdisk :-)  I noticed it was going to /var/tmp,
> > which is mounted on a filesystem that doesn't have a whole bunch of free
> > space.  So I created /hold and mounted it where I do, and changed
> > holdingdisk appropriately.  That ought to take care of it... :-)
>
> Well, it'll use a holding disk now.  But does it solve your scheduling
> problems?

Dunno.  We'll see... :-)

I'm guessing that, since the problem cropped up with that big
filesystem, that lack of compression was causing me to keep running into
EOT.  Since there wasn't a current full backup, amanda kept trying to do
a level 0, but kept failing because of lack of tape space.  Hopefully,
having enough holdingdisk space will let it compress enough to fit this
filesystem on a tape, and we'll proceed until something else makes me
run out of tape... :-)

--
John Oliver, CCNA                            http://www.john-oliver.net/
Linux/UNIX/network consulting         http://www.john-oliver.net/resume/