Networker

Re: [Networker] Verify: NW 8 storage node *will* work with NW 7.6.2 server?

2013-06-21 11:07:32
Subject: Re: [Networker] Verify: NW 8 storage node *will* work with NW 7.6.2 server?
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 11:02:25 -0400
> :-)  Always a good idea to get confirmation that it *actually* works in
> the wild, rather than just that the developers believe it should work,
> in theory.
>
> The fact that they explicitly listed it as "supported" is a strong
> statement, though.

And the answer is ... YES. :-)

I created a 8.0.1.5 storage node (AFTD; it was a VM, and that was easiest
type of SN to create). And it backed up just fine, no errors shown.

So this weekend I am going ahead and updating all of my storage nodes to
8.0.1.5. Then next week (hopefully) I will rename my 7.6.2 server, then
upgrade it to 8.0.1.5 as well.

Then I will get around to rolling out the update to the regular clients.