Networker

Re: [Networker] Verify: NW 8 storage node *will* work with NW 7.6.2 server?

2013-06-18 19:31:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] Verify: NW 8 storage node *will* work with NW 7.6.2 server?
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 19:24:27 -0400
> :-)  Always a good idea to get confirmation that it *actually* works in
> the wild, rather than just that the developers believe it should work,
> in theory.
>
> The fact that they explicitly listed it as "supported" is a strong
> statement, though.

So far, I've tried 8.0 SP1 on a Win2012 server, and it finished
successfully. (haven't tried a recover yet). Seemed a bit slow, but that
may have been due to other errors. I will be trying the same client on
Win2008 R2. Then I need to try it with the SQL module.

At that point, I will believe that it *should* work a storage node ...