Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Other than Bacula

2014-05-26 17:52:06
Subject: [Bacula-users] Other than Bacula
From: Rickinfl <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 14:46:29 -0700
Here is my bacula-dir file.  I would really like to get Bacula to work. Just
need some help getting it setup right then I'll be off running.  Thanks for the
help just so frustrated fighting this for almost a year now. For now I just
delete the pool and recreate it after it fills so I can keep using Bacula.

root@localhost bacula]# cat bacula-dir.conf
#
# Default Bacula Director Configuration file
#
#  The only thing that MUST be changed is to add one or more
#   file or directory names in the Include directive of the
#   FileSet resource.
#
#  For Bacula release 5.0.0 (26 January 2010) -- redhat
#
#  You might also want to change the default email address
#   from root to your address.  See the "mail" and "operator"
#   directives in the Messages resource.
#

Director {                            # define myself

  Name = bacula-dir

  DIRport = 9101

  QueryFile = "/usr/libexec/bacula/query.sql"

  WorkingDirectory = /var/spool/bacula

  PidDirectory = "/var/run"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
  Password = "xxxxxx"         # Console password
  Messages = Daemon
}

JobDefs {
  Name = DefaultJob
  Type = Backup
  Level = Incremental
  Client = bacula-fd
  FileSet = "Full Set"
  Schedule = WeeklyCycle
  Storage = File
  Messages = Standard
  Pool = File
  Priority = 10
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/spool/bacula/%c.bsr"
}

#
# Define the main nightly save backup job
#   By default, this job will back up to disk in /tmp
Job {
  Name = BackupClient1
  JobDefs = DefaultJob
  Storage = File
  Pool = File
}

#Job {
#  Name = "BackupClient2"
#  Client = bacula2-fd
#  JobDefs = "DefaultJob"
#}

# Backup the catalog database (after the nightly save)
Job {
  Name = BackupCatalog
  JobDefs = DefaultJob
  Level = Full
  FileSet = Catalog
  Schedule = WeeklyCycleAfterBackup
  # This creates an ASCII copy of the catalog
  # Arguments to make_catalog_backup.pl are:
  #  make_catalog_backup.pl <catalog-name>
  Run Before Job = "/usr/libexec/bacula/make_catalog_backup.pl MyCatalog"
  # This deletes the copy of the catalog
  Run After Job = /usr/libexec/bacula/delete_catalog_backup
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/spool/bacula/%n.bsr"
  Priority = 11
  Storage = File
  Pool = File
}

#
# Standard Restore template, to be changed by Console program
#  Only one such job is needed for all Jobs/Clients/Storage ...
#
Job {
  Name = RestoreFiles
  Type = Restore
  Client = bacula-fd
  FileSet = "Full Set"
  Storage = File
  Pool = File
  Messages = Standard
  Where = /tmp/bacula-restores
}

# List of files to be backed up
FileSet {
  Name = "Full Set"
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = MD5
  Compression = GZIP9
    }
#
#  Put your list of files here, preceded by 'File =', one per line
#    or include an external list with:
#
#    File = <file-name
#
#  Note: / backs up everything on the root partition.
#    if you have other partitions such as /usr or /home
#    you will probably want to add them too.
#
#  By default this is defined to point to the Bacula binary
#    directory to give a reasonable FileSet to backup to
#    disk storage during initial testing.
#
    File = /usr/sbin
  }

#
# If you backup the root directory, the following two excluded
#   files can be useful
#
  Exclude {
    File = /var/spool/bacula
    File = /tmp
    File = /proc
    File = /tmp
    File = /.journal
    File = /.fsck
  }
}

#
# When to do the backups, full backup on first sunday of the month,
#  differential (i.e. incremental since full) every other sunday,
#  and incremental backups other days
Schedule {
  Name = WeeklyCycle
  Run = Level=Full on 1 1st sun at 23:05
  Run = Level=Differential 2nd-5th sun at 23:05
  Run = Level=Incremental mon-sat at 23:05
}

# This schedule does the catalog. It starts after the WeeklyCycle
Schedule {
  Name = WeeklyCycleAfterBackup
  Run = Level=Full on 1 sun at 23:10
}

# This is the backup of the catalog
FileSet {
  Name = "Catalog"
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = MD5
    }
    File = "/var/spool/bacula/bacula.sql"
  }
}

# Client (File Services) to backup
Client {
  Name = bacula-fd
  Address = 10.10.0.99
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = MyCatalog
  Password = xxxxxx
  File Retention = 30 days
  Job Retention = 30 days
  AutoPrune = yes
}

#
# Second Client (File Services) to backup
#  You should change Name, Address, and Password before using
#
#Client {
#  Name = bacula2-fd
#  Address = client2.example.com
#  FDPort = 9102
#  Catalog = MyCatalog
#  Password = "@@FD_PASSWORD@@2"         # password for FileDaemon 2
#  File Retention = 30 days            # 30 days
#  Job Retention = 6 months            # six months
#  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired Jobs/Files
#}

# Definition of file storage device
Storage {
  Name = File
# Do not use "localhost" here
  Address = 10.10.0.99
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = xxxxxxx
  Device = Backup
  Media Type = File
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 100
}

# Definition of DDS tape storage device
#Storage {
#  Name = DDS-4
#  Do not use "localhost" here
#  Address = storage.example.com                # N.B. Use a fully qualified
name here
#  SDPort = 9103
#  Password = "@@SD_PASSWORD@@"          # password for Storage daemon
#  Device = DDS-4                      # must be same as Device in Storage
daemon
#  Media Type = DDS-4                  # must be same as MediaType in Storage
daemon
#  Autochanger = yes                   # enable for autochanger device
#}

# Definition of 8mm tape storage device
#Storage {
#  Name = "8mmDrive"
#  Do not use "localhost" here
#  Address = storage.example.com                # N.B. Use a fully qualified
name here
#  SDPort = 9103
#  Password = "@@SD_PASSWORD@@"
#  Device = "Exabyte 8mm"
#  MediaType = "8mm"
#}

# Definition of DVD storage device
#Storage {
#  Name = "DVD"
#  Do not use "localhost" here
#  Address = storage.example.com                # N.B. Use a fully qualified
name here
#  SDPort = 9103
#  Password = "@@SD_PASSWORD@@"
#  Device = "DVD Writer"
#  MediaType = "DVD"
#}

# Generic catalog service
Catalog {
  Name = MyCatalog
# Uncomment the following line if you want the dbi driver
# dbdriver = "dbi:sqlite3"; dbaddress = 127.0.0.1; dbport =
  dbname = "bacula"; dbuser = "bacula"; dbpassword = "retsam11"
}

# Reasonable message delivery -- send most everything to email address
#  and to the console
Messages {
  Name = Standard
#
# NOTE! If you send to two email or more email addresses, you will need
#  to replace the %r in the from field (-f part) with a single valid
#  email address in both the mailcommand and the operatorcommand.
#  What this does is, it sets the email address that emails would display
#  in the FROM field, which is by default the same email as they're being
#  sent to.  However, if you send email to more than one address, then
#  you'll have to set the FROM address manually, to a single address.
#  for example, a 'no-reply AT mydomain DOT com', is better since that tends to
#  tell (most) people that its coming from an automated source.

#
  mailcommand = "/usr/sbin/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"\(Bacula\) \<%r\>\" -s
\"Bacula: %t %e of %c %l\" %r"
  operatorcommand = "/usr/sbin/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"\(Bacula\) \<%r\>\" -s
\"Bacula: Intervention needed for %j\" %r"
  mail = root@localhost = all, !skipped
  operator = root@localhost = mount
  console = all, !skipped, !saved
#
# WARNING! the following will create a file that you must cycle from
#          time to time as it will grow indefinitely. However, it will
#          also keep all your messages if they scroll off the console.
#
  append = "/var/spool/bacula/log" = all, !skipped
  catalog = all
}

#
# Message delivery for daemon messages (no job).
Messages {
  Name = Daemon
  mailcommand = "/usr/sbin/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"\(Bacula\) \<%r\>\" -s
\"Bacula daemon message\" %r"
  mail = root@localhost = all, !skipped
  console = all, !skipped, !saved
  append = "/var/log/bacula.log" = all, !skipped
}

# Default pool definition
Pool {
  Name = Default
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes                       # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
  Volume Retention = 45  days         # one year
}

# File Pool definition
Pool {
  Name = File
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes
  AutoPrune = yes
  Volume Retention = 30 days
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 3700G
  Maximum Volumes = 100               # Limit number of Volumes in Pool
  LabelFormat = Backup
}

# Scratch pool definition
Pool {
  Name = Scratch
  Pool Type = Backup
}

#
# Restricted console used by tray-monitor to get the status of the director
#
Console {
  Name = bacula-mon
  Password = "xxxxxxx"