Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Other than Bacula

2014-05-26 16:00:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Other than Bacula
From: Josip Deanovic <djosip+news AT linuxpages DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 21:58:02 +0200
Quoting message written on Monday 2014-05-26 11:42:52:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any other good software than Bacula?  I've just totally had it
> with Bacula. There is no support and every system I've setup crashes
> because it will not purge/prune or recycle the pool. It just fills up
> and crashes. I have everything set to 30 days and have plenty of space
> for 3 months so every 3 Months one of my system just crashes and stops
> backing up the others do the exact same thing after the hard drive
> fills.
>
> I just don't get it. I've run many different backup softwares
> (Microsoft) before never in my life had such and nightmare of an issue.
> I must be plain stupid or brain dead because I've never been so upset
> at a piece of software in my life like I have have been with Bacula!
> Support? oh that's a joke they don't even have a forum.
>
> I'm just so totally over this.  Can someone point me in a direction? My
> servers are CentOS boxes.
>
> Thanks,

Hi!

Some parts of bacula could look very complex at first, especially if
one is not used to the backup terminology found in other enterprise
backup systems.

You are using disk drive as backup media. Note that bacula is trying
to emulate tapes when you use hard drives.

How many labeled volumes do you have in your pool (on your hard drive)?

What is the maximum bytes value you have specified for your volumes?

--
Josip Deanovic