Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Other than Bacula

2014-05-27 03:47:18
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Other than Bacula
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 09:41:59 +0200
On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 04:08:38PM -0700, Rickinfl wrote:
> "Well, the first ting that comes to notice is that your maximum volume
> size is set to 3.7 terabytes, with 100 volumes allowed. Is that
> intentional? You're telling Bacula it can use up to 370TB of disk
> space. Do you *have* 370TB of free disk space? "
>
> Don't tell me it was that easy?   I think "Maximum concurrent jobs" should be
> renamed.  To me I seen that as.... 100 Maximum Concurrent jobs running at
> once. Not 100X3.7 TB.

Yes, I think it's that easy.

- Maximum Volume Bytes = xxxx

Bacula will write to that volume until it reaches xxx bytes in size

Maximum number of volumes = yyy

bacula will start recycling old volumes (truncating / overwriting
them) as soon as yyy volumes have been created in the pool.

don't forget to "update pool from resource" in bconsole once you're
reloaded the new pool config into bacula, "update all volumes from
pool" might be a good thing to do, too so the new values catch on.

Uwe

--
NIONEX --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA