Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backup to multiple disks

2013-05-28 14:45:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backup to multiple disks
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 20:41:19 +0200
I am wondering why and how you come up with ideas
that don't correspond to what Bacula actually does.
It is very unfortunate, because it seems
that this is causing you lots of problems you should not
have.

Every Device resource that is referenced by a virtual Autochanger
resource in bacula-sd.conf is equivalent to a tape drive.  The
Volumes that have been created are equivalent to the slots,
you get one slot per Volume -- as many as you want.  I don't
think it is a good idea to think about Volumes and Virtual Changers
as having slots, because slots are physical locations for storing
cassettes in a autoloader.  With files, you can easily have thousands.

Best regards,
Kern