Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backup to multiple disks

2013-05-28 12:49:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backup to multiple disks
From: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
To: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 11:46:00 -0500
On 05/27/2013 03:43 AM, Radosław Korzeniewski wrote:

... If you will use Bacula Autochanger then you can get
> automatic Bacula Device selection.

That's exactly the problem: "virtual autochanger" as described by Kern
automatically selects the first Device and stops there. It doesn't
*change* Devices.

A closer look at Kern's example configuration shows that both of his
Devices refer to the same Archive Device, so what it actually does is
create multiple "Device" definitions for the same physical drive. That's
like a tape robot with several drives and only one tape slot. I'm sure
someone out there might wanna do that, I just fail to imagine why.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin