Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backup to multiple disks

2013-05-10 19:19:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backup to multiple disks
From: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
To: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 18:16:21 -0500
On 05/10/2013 02:09 AM, Kern Sibbald wrote:

> In the bacula-dir.conf file, define the autochanger in
> the normal way for a physical tape autochanger library.

Does bacula-dir.conf side require "Media Type" and what should that be
if does? Or do I omit "Media Type" and have "Autochanger = yes" instead?
The example below uses the same "Media Type" for every device in the
autochanger -- contrary to what the fine manual seems to suggest --
should I do that and then (presumably) use "Media Type = File1" in
bacula-dir.conf?

The fine manual reads like "Media Type" is very important and must be
present, but the autochanger device below doesn't have it. TFM also
implies Bad Thinkgs(tm) will happen if multiple device have the same
"Media Type" ("File1" below).

> In the bacula-sd.conf, one defines:
>
> Autochanger {
>   Name = FileChgr1
>   Device = FileChgr1-Dev1, FileChgr1-Dev2
>   Changer Command = ""
>   Changer Device = /dev/null
> }
>
> Device {
>   Name = FileChgr1-Dev1
>   Media Type = File1
>   Archive Device = /tmp
>   LabelMedia = yes          # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
>   Random Access = Yes
>   AutomaticMount = yes      # when device opened, read it
>   RemovableMedia = no
>   AlwaysOpen = no
>   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 5
> }
>
> Device {
>   Name = FileChgr1-Dev2
>   Media Type = File1
>   Archive Device = /tmp
>   LabelMedia = yes          # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
>   Random Access = Yes
>   AutomaticMount = yes      # when device opened, read it
>   RemovableMedia = no
>   AlwaysOpen = no
>   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 5
> }