Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backup to multiple disks

2013-05-11 01:38:06
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backup to multiple disks
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 07:32:37 +0200
Yes, Media Type is very important.  It must
be in the Storage resources on the Director
side, and notice that as I mentioned before, on
the SD side, Autochanger really just groups a
number of Devices.  The Media Type must be
in each Device, because each one can be different
so it is not in the Autochanger resource.

There is no restriction for multiple devices to have
the same Media Type, but if they are disk devices
and don't have the same Archive Device, Bacula
won't be able to "mount" them.  So, use the same
Media Type only in Devices that have the same Archive
Device.

Kern