Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backup to multiple disks

2013-05-03 17:02:19
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backup to multiple disks
From: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 03 May 2013 15:56:53 -0500
On 05/03/2013 02:53 PM, Josh Fisher wrote:

> ... What you are
> considering would require a new device assignment each time a new volume
> is needed. While possible, it is way more complex that it appears at
> first glance.

PS. I think the potentially worse can of worms is when you have multiple
devices and some of them are autochangers and some aren't, and while
switching to the next "already mounted" device should be cheaper than
auto-changing the tape in the current device, if the current autochanger
is actually a vchanger over mounted partitions it isn't, and so on and
so forth.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin