Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] RAIT anyone?

2013-05-10 19:08:06
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] RAIT anyone?
From: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 18:04:32 -0500
On 05/10/2013 05:30 PM, Henry Yen wrote:

> Linux software RAID works pretty much flawlessly.

That may be, but I had a system with 11 disks raided between an on-board
sata controller (5 free ports IIRC) and an off-board sata controller (8
ports) and it crashed on every access to disks connected to the
off-board card. Without md the disks worked fine. So in my universe
between mdadm, sata drivers, and controller hardware, it's only flawless
if I ran the stress-tests myself.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin