Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] LTO-4 Drive issues

2010-05-23 21:25:05
Subject: [Bacula-users] LTO-4 Drive issues
From: skipunk <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 21:22:11 -0400
Janusz

Both nics reported back at 100 Mb/s
I'm beginning to think the network is the bottleneck.

I ran a backup on my server with bacula. backing up the file I have been using.
A 3.4Gb in 2 min and the only reason for it taking so long was because of a
tape change in the library. So locally we are fine.

Here is the autochanger and drive settings in bacula-sd.conf

Autochanger {
  Name = Autochanger
  Device = Drive-1
  Changer Command = "/etc/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
  Changer Device = /dev/sg4
}

Device {
  Name = Drive-1                      #
  Drive Index = 0
  Media Type = LTO-4
  Archive Device = /dev/nst0
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  AlwaysOpen = yes;
  RemovableMedia = yes;
  RandomAccess = no;
  AutoChanger = yes
  LabelMedia = no;
  Autoselect = yes;
  Maximum File Size = 5GB
  Maximum Network Buffer Size = 262144
  Maximum Block Size = 262144
  Spool Directory = /spool
  Maximum Spool Size = 200G
  Maximum Job Spool Size = 20G

  Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
}