Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] LTO-4 Drive issues

2010-05-22 21:27:44
Subject: [Bacula-users] LTO-4 Drive issues
From: skipunk <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 21:25:05 -0400
I had ran the btape tests on Thursday when everything was setup and pushed 845G
in a little over 2 hours avg speed of 102.7Mb/s

I haven't tried doing the dd or tar test. I never tried that before, so I'm
looking into what needs to be done to complete this task.

The server is a Dell R200, I don't know all the specs to it off hand. My
director installed Fedora and told me to get everything up and running.

The SAS-5 card has 2 external ports with no other storage attached to it accept
for the PV TL2000. I'm not physically at the server and doing all this from
home at the moment, so I can't verify through the cards bios if everything is
setup correctly.

I am spooling my jobs, set at 200G total and each job is scaled to use 20G and
running 3 concurrent jobs at a time. All my jobs are scheduled to keep the
drive running constant until they are finished, so no job runs by themselves.

I'll push forward with that and report my findings.