Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Scheduling configuration question

2010-05-17 14:57:46
Subject: [Bacula-users] Scheduling configuration question
From: Joseph Spenner <joseph85750 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 11:54:37 -0700 (PDT)
I have bacula running with hard drive media (no tapes).  There are 3 sets of 6
SATA disks with easily removable shuttles-- 1 set of 6 will always be kept off
site.
My goal is to have the schedule such that there is always a FULL backup of
every host on each set of disks.  I'm not very clear of the syntax of the
config file though.  I currently have the default which all my clients are
currently using:

Schedule {
  Name = "WeeklyCycle"
  Run = Full 1st sun at 23:05
  Run = Differential 2nd-5th sun at 23:05
  Run = Incremental mon-sat at 23:05
}

# This schedule does the catalog. It starts after the WeeklyCycle
Schedule {
  Name = "WeeklyCycleAfterBackup"
  Run = Full sun-sat at 23:10
}

# This is the backup of the catalog
FileSet {
  Name = "Catalog"
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = MD5
    }
    File = "/opt/bacula/bin/working/bacula.sql"
  }
}

How would I configure such that it runs a full backup every 6 "runs"?
By default, how many incrementals does it run before a full backup is run?
I'm not so much concerned with the "day of the week" or "day of the month", so
it doesn't have to stick to "Sunday" or any specific days as the config file
implies.

Thanks!