Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] volume/file size and speed

2010-05-11 11:11:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] volume/file size and speed
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Joseph Spenner <joseph85750 AT yahoo DOT com>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 11:09:07 -0400
On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Joseph Spenner <joseph85750 AT yahoo DOT com>
wrote:
> I'm currently set up with a File based backup system (no tapes).  Initially I
> wanted to make 1TB files, but learned (and read) that recovery of a backup is
> very slow with large files.  So, I reconfigured it to create 1GB files.

Also recycling will not work as well with only a few volumes since it
would have to recycle the entire volume. I would use larger volumes
than 1GB though. 5 to 10GB is what I generally use.

Sorry do not know the answer to the first two.

> 3) If I use bconsole I can specify a single file to recover and it is VERY
> fast.  But there doesn't seem to be a way to specify an entire directory.  Or
> am I not looking in the right place?

You run restore and mark the folder you want to restore.

John