Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Scheduling configuration question

2010-05-18 14:02:15
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Scheduling configuration question
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 14:00:15 -0400
On 05/18/10 13:45, Joseph Spenner wrote:
> --- On Tue, 5/18/10, Joseph Spenner <joseph85750 AT yahoo DOT com> wrote:
>

>> Ok, I do have a spare disk in my system I can use for the
>> 7th day.  So, let's change the schedule such that I
>> have 3 sets of "7 disks", for a total of 21 disks.
>> Perhaps this will simplify the scheduling.  I still
>> wish to have a full backup for every client at least once
>> per week (7 days).
>>

> I've come up with a solution:
>
> Schedule {
>   Name = "WeeklyCycleSunday"
>   Run = Level=Full sun at 1:05
>   Run = Incremental mon-sat at 1:05
> }
>
> Schedule {
>   Name = "WeeklyCycleMonday"
>   Run = Level=Full mon at 1:05
>   Run = Incremental tue-sun at 1:05
> }
>
> Schedule {
>   Name = "WeeklyCycleTuesday"
>   Run = Level=Full tue at 1:05
>   Run = Incremental wed-mon at 1:05
> }
>
> Schedule {
>   Name = "WeeklyCycleWednesday"
>   Run = Level=Full wed at 1:05
>   Run = Incremental thu-tue at 1:05
> }
>
> Schedule {
>   Name = "WeeklyCycleThursday"
>   Run = Level=Full thu at 1:05
>   Run = Incremental fri-wed at 1:05
> }
>
> Schedule {
>   Name = "WeeklyCycleFriday"
>   Run = Level=Full fri at 1:05
>   Run = Incremental sat-thu at 1:05
> }
>
> Schedule {
>   Name = "WeeklyCycleSaturday"
>   Run = Level=Full sat at 1:05
>   Run = Incremental sun-fri at 1:05
> }
>
> Schedule {
>   Name = "WeeklyCycleAfterBackup"
>   Run = Full sun-sat at 1:10
> }

> Then, as I add clients, I decide which Schedule to use such that the Full
> backups are spread out somewhat evenly.

Yup, that's exactly how to do it.  Make sure to set your Catalog backup
at a lower priority (where 1 is highest priority) than your client
backups, so that the Director will wait until the last client has
finished before kicking off the night's Catalog backup.

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.