Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] restore runs infinite

2008-07-03 07:04:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] restore runs infinite
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 13:02:17 +0200
Hi,

03.07.2008 11:56, S.Lehmann8 AT DeutschePost DOT de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had the same problem and made the tests you gave.
> Result is, that the tape is very fast in tape positioning with mt, but with
> bacula, restore is very slow.

Ok. That's not good, but it narrows down the possible reasons for the
slowness.

> I have set some options, but there are already the defaults:
>
> Device {
>   Name = SL500-1-Drive-1
>   Drive Index = 0
>   Media Type = LTO-3
>   Archive Device = /dev/nst0
>   Automatic Mount = yes
>   Auto Changer = yes
>   Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
>   Label Media = yes
>   Random Access = No
>
>   Hardware End Of Medium = Yes
>   Fast Forward Space File = Yes
>   Use MTIOCGET = Yes
>
> }
>
> At bconsole and the command stat sd you can see, that bacula not is using
> Fast forward spaceing to jump to the file to restore.

Bug report time, I guess :-)

Which version of Bacula do you run?

And can you send console output showing the problem (probably 'sta
sd=...' with debug output enabled, right?)

> The same problem persists with the file-devices!

So it seems to be a general problem of the SD setting up its devices.

If you don't report this on bugs.bacula.org, I'll do so if you send me
more details :-)

Arno

Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann