Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] restore runs infinite

2008-07-02 08:07:06
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] restore runs infinite
From: Udo Lembke <ulembke AT abc-digital DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 14:10:39 +0200
Hi,
below is our sd.conf.
The baculahost is an amd64 Gentoo-Linux (Gentoo Base System release
1.12.9 - 2.6.20-gentoo-r8).
In the /usr/include/gentoo-multilib/amd64/sys/mtio.h aren't specific
values for LTO-2 (the newest is DDS).

mt -f /dev/nst0 status
SCSI 2 tape drive:
File number=314, block number=0, partition=0.
Tape block size 0 bytes. Density code 0x42 (LTO-2).
Soft error count since last status=0
General status bits on (81010000):
EOF ONLINE IM_REP_EN

Versions:
mt-st 0.9b
mtx 1.2.18

Do you need any further information?

Best regards

Udo

Arno Lehmann schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> 01.07.2008 19:14, Udo Lembke wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> i think i was to impatient... i tried to recover with bconsole and
>> "status storage" shows that bacula access the tape. After 1,5 hour the
>> recover job are done sucessfully!
>> After that, i try the same with bat - and the job succeeds also. I look
>> at the networktraffic from the client - the data was copied in the last
>> twenty minutes of the restorejob. Over one hour seeking is a long
>> time... but it works!!
>>

> Well, if you want to understand why it takes so long there are some
> important questions.
>
> The main thing is to enable fast seeks on the tapes. How you do that
> depends on your OS, hardware, and drivers in between the two.
>
> Can you post the storage device definition from the SD's config?
> Perhaps we find suggestions to improve things.
>
> Arno

bacula-sd.conf:

Storage {
Name = admin-sd
SDPort = 9103
WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula"
Pid Directory = "/var/run"
Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
}

Director {
Name = admin-dir
Password = "*****VR63Rn8P2aDVLqWswcv5pTd*******WyAW"
}

Director {
Name = admin-mon
Password = "*****DpiKPj5aDZuuc8hIrePGsfUuI*******TsE"
Monitor = yes
}

Device {
Name = FileStorage
Media Type = File
Archive Device = /daten/bacula-backup
LabelMedia = yes;
Random Access = Yes;
AutomaticMount = yes;
RemovableMedia = no;
AlwaysOpen = yes;
}

Autochanger {
Name = ARCvault
Device = Drive-1
Changer Command = "/usr/libexec/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
Changer Device = /dev/sg2
}

Device {
Name = Drive-1
Drive Index = 0
Media Type = LTO-2
Archive Device = /dev/nst0
AutomaticMount = yes;
AlwaysOpen = yes;
RemovableMedia = yes;
RandomAccess = no;
AutoChanger = yes;
Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
}

Messages {
Name = Standard
director = admin-dir = all
}

Udo Lembke
abc digital | IT-Support

Albert Bauer KG

Conventstr. 1 - 3
22089 Hamburg | Germany

Fon: +49 40 25109-139
Fax: +49 40 25109-121
mailto:ulembke AT abc-digital DOT com

http://www.abc-digital.com
http://www.prevaco.com

Albert Bauer KG (GmbH & Co.)
P.H.G. Reproduktionsgesellschaft Conventhaus mbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 11120
Geschäftsführer: Harald Dau, Carsten Dau, Rolf Gehrke, Marcus Müller