Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] restore runs infinite

2008-07-03 05:56:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] restore runs infinite
From: <S.Lehmann8 AT DeutschePost DOT de>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 11:56:25 +0200
Hi,

I had the same problem and made the tests you gave.
Result is, that the tape is very fast in tape positioning with mt, but with
bacula, restore is very slow.

I have set some options, but there are already the defaults:

Device {
  Name = SL500-1-Drive-1
  Drive Index = 0
  Media Type = LTO-3
  Archive Device = /dev/nst0
  Automatic Mount = yes
  Auto Changer = yes
  Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
  Label Media = yes
  Random Access = No

  Hardware End Of Medium = Yes
  Fast Forward Space File = Yes
  Use MTIOCGET = Yes

}

At bconsole and the command stat sd you can see, that bacula not is using Fast
forward spaceing to jump to the file to restore.

The same problem persists with the file-devices!

Greetings
Sebastian

<snip>