BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC v4 for Fedora / EPEL Update

2017-05-12 14:41:26
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC v4 for Fedora / EPEL Update
From: Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bob Katz <bobkatz AT digido DOT com>, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 13:40:49 -0500
On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 9:59 AM, Bob Katz <bobkatz AT digido DOT com> wrote:

Those were VERY old packages that I attempted to install in a very new system. The 3DM2 software is long into End of Life. There is no support, though some of the old 3DM2 people are working at Broadcom I might be able to get an answer. I can't even find the uninstaller  :-(.  So do you have any advice on how I can disconnect these old packages from Fedora?  :-(

You'll have to do your best with dnf and see if you can get them to uninstall... Something like (as root):

 # dnf erase 3dm2 3ware-status

If it balks at that you can add "--allow-erasing" to see if it can come up with a complete transaction.

Thanks,
Richard