BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Working on keeping this list on-topic

2017-05-15 15:07:22
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Working on keeping this list on-topic
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: bobkatz AT digido DOT com, "General list for BackupPC upstream user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 21:06:51 +0200
Robert Katz wrote on 2017-05-13 11:33:57 -0300 [[BackupPC-users] Working on
install of backuppc in fedora 26]:
> running on Fedora 26!!!! Congratulate me  :-)

I'll congratulate you as soon as you realize that this list is not meant for
*anything* concerning distribution packages, package management questions,
or linux questions. This is the *BackupPC* *upstream* users mailing list,
meant for questions relating to the BackupPC software as distributed by
git or tarball. Or at least it used to be. I'm at the point of unsubscribing
due to the large amount of noise here lately. This is not about mistakenly
asking one question here instead of at the appropriate place, it's about
repeatedly raising issues that are not even about BackupPC.

Whoever might be responsible, please kindly consider creating a backuppc-users
list at Fedora, Redhat or whereever, and announcing creation of the list here,
so whoever is interested can subscribe there, and we can point others toward
it when appropriate. Thank you.

Kind regards,
Holger