BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC v4 for Fedora / EPEL Update

2017-05-12 11:00:24
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC v4 for Fedora / EPEL Update
From: Bob Katz <bobkatz AT digido DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 10:59:38 -0400

Dear Richard. You are a godsend! Of course I'd like to upgrade to Fedora 26 as it would simplify how much I have to maintain.

You wrote:

Those conflicts are with the 3ware 3dm2 software and the 3ware status, which aren't working anyway. I couldn't get them to work. Those are the GUIs for the 3ware raid card (3ware was bought by Broadcom). I've tried all the standard and nonstandard methods for removing those packages and could not remove them. Any ideas how to remove these packages?  So I'm using the CLI for the card and it works, ok.

This is basically because the 3ware packages are apparently *very poorly* packaged. They should not be trying to claim ownership of the root "/", /usr/sbin, or /etc/init.d directories. If they have an upstream you should let them know that.

Those were VERY old packages that I attempted to install in a very new system. The 3DM2 software is long into End of Life. There is no support, though some of the old 3DM2 people are working at Broadcom I might be able to get an answer. I can't even find the uninstaller  :-(.  So do you have any advice on how I can disconnect these old packages from Fedora?  :-(

Best wishes,

Bob
--

If you want good sound on your album, come to
Bob Katz 407-831-0233 DIGITAL DOMAIN MASTERING STUDIO
Author: Mastering Audio
Digital Domain Website

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number
of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.