BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Working on install of backuppc in fedora 26

2017-05-13 10:34:33
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Working on install of backuppc in fedora 26
From: "Robert Katz" <bobkatz AT digido DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 13 May 2017 11:33:57 -0300
running on Fedora 26!!!! Congratulate me  :-)

Guys: I'm kind running blind here and by rote, so please have patience.
This is my first experience with linux or fedora repositories and
commands.

First I installed EPEL 7, I think. The install went way too fast and I'd
love to know a command to confirm it has been installed.

I don't know whether I should be using rpm or dnf? That part confuses me. :-(

Then I tried install of both the rsync_bpc rpm and the backuppc rpm. I
tried both sudo and su and always got these messages:

------------------------
For backup pc I got this error:
[bobkatz@localhost Documents]$ sudo rpm -Uhv BackupPC-4.1.2-1.fc25.src.rpm
Updating / installing...
   1:BackupPC-4.1.2-1.fc25            warning: user build does not exist -
using root
warning: group build does not exist - using root
warning: user build does not exist - using root
warning: group build does not exist - using root

and no progress bar

-------------

For rsync I got this error:

[bobkatz@localhost Documents]$ sudo rpm -Uhv rsync-bpc-3.0.9.6-1.fc25.src.rpm
Updating / installing...
   1:rsync-bpc-3.0.9.6-1.fc25         warning: user build does not exist -
using root
warning: group build does not exist - using root

and apparently rsync-bpc is installed now but I cannot find it in any of
the bin or sbin folders though I haven't looked that hard for it.

Help, please! Thanks.