BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC v4 running fsck all the time

2015-09-21 17:16:24
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC v4 running fsck all the time
From: Jimmy <mupperoni AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 17:14:58 -0400
David,

No, the fsck / delete actions aren't mentioned in the log. In the log I can only see:

full|incr backup started for share xxxxx
full|incr backup NNN complete, xxxxxx files, yyyyy bytes

Perhaps yours does the fsck too, but just very quickly so it may not be noticeable. Try running a backup manually, either full/incremental then watch the "Status" page. During the fsck, the "Host Summary" page will say "Backup in progress" whilst the "Status" page shows the actual task being performed, i.e. backing up, fsck, delete, etc. It would be best to try this on a host that has lots of files (1 million files+) and when you have more than 5 backups.

Regards,
Jimmy

I'm not certain, but I don't think my centos based v4 system is doing this. Do the fsck show in the log?

I will investigate when I get back to my computer.

David

Sent from my mobile device

David Cramblett