BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Forbidden You don't have permission to access /BackupPC on this server.

2015-09-20 19:37:49
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Forbidden You don't have permission to access /BackupPC on this server.
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 09:35:56 +1000

On 2015-09-20 08:38, Timothy Murphy wrote:
Bob of Donelson Trophy wrote:
I have been using BackupPC for years on an Ubuntu/Debian OS. I am switching to CentOS 7 and cannot figure out why I am getting the following: FORBIDDEN You don't have permission to access /BackupPC on this server. . . . . when I "http://[ipaddress]/BackupPC" I have disabled selinux and firewalld to see if they are interfering with my access. They do not appear to be. (So, I re-enabled them.) I can access "http://[ipaddress]" and get the default CentOS webpage. To install BackupPC I enabled the EPEL repository. It appears to have included all the dependencies. I have checked and re-checked file permissions. Any ideas why I cannot access? Suggestions?
1. Did you edit /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf to have User backuppc
and restart httpd ?

2. Did you run sudo htpasswd -c /etc/BackupPC/apache.users <user>

3. Does backuppc own all the files in /var/lib/BackupPC ?

Hi Bob,

Suggestion.... why not show us what you have in your config file? Maybe even share the log file (apache error_log)? That would likely allow us to provide more than just random guesses.

PS, and please don't top post on mailing lists.

PPS, please don't take this the wrong way, the above is constructive criticism (or meant to be). Providing configs and logs will allow everyone to provide more sensible/helpful responses.

Regards,
Adam

--
Adam Goryachev Website Managers www.websitemanagers.com.au