BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC on NAS

2013-11-25 14:33:11
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC on NAS
From: "Richard Zimmerman" <rzimmerman AT riverbendhose DOT com>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 14:12:26 -0500

For the what it’s worth dept:

I’ve got an old dual core Pentium D 3.0 system, 2g ram running a 1TB BackupPC volume (going to be upgraded to software raid-1) backing up 41 PC’s.

Since I don’t backup during open hours (M-F, 7am-5pm) I have the luxury of using Clonezilla and an eSata external drive cradle to backup my BackupPC volume.  It takes roughly 4-5 hours depending on the pool size at the time.

Works well for me.

Richard

BackupPC Info: (Just reboot after a backup 30 minutes ago)

  • The servers PID is 1822, on host BackupPC, version 3.2.1, started at 11/25 12:43.
  • This status was generated at 11/25 14:09.
  • The configuration was last loaded at 11/25 12:43.
  • PCs will be next queued at 11/25 17:00.
  • Other info:
    • 0 pending backup requests from last scheduled wakeup,
    • 0 pending user backup requests,
    • 0 pending command requests,
    • Pool is 514.62GB comprising 1908980 files and 4369 directories (as of 11/24 18:37),
    • Pool hashing gives 1865 repeated files with longest chain 14,
    • Nightly cleanup removed 18218 files of size 20.80GB (around 11/24 18:37),
    • Pool file system was recently at 63% (11/25 14:03), today's max is 65% (11/24 15:00) and yesterday's max was 66%.

---

Richard Zimmerman

IT Manager

River Bend Hose Specialty, Inc.