BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] backuppc on NAS

2013-11-25 04:38:55
Subject: [BackupPC-users] backuppc on NAS
From: zdravko <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 01:37:32 -0800
Any suggestions which NAS has a "real" useful Linux, so that backupPC could be
installed? My thought was to run backuppc on NAS, so it is not dependent on
user clients. It can even chase clients to backup them while being on. Another
issue would be how to slow down backing up clients, so people can work normally
on their machines during backup. NAS could backup itself at full speed, of
course. Even using some extra, cheap NAS only for backup seems useful.